Wednesday 26 January 2011

I have a confession...

Hello bloggers.
This morning I have a confession to make. I am a Gleek. I watch Glee almost religiously. It's on on Monday evenings and I record it as I can't always watch Monday nights.
What I love about it most I guess, is that it makes me laugh, it makes me feel cheery and is lighthearted without being totally superficial. Well, I just watched the latest episode called "Grilled Cheesus" and it started just as I was used to it, very funny. But, without wanting to give anything away to others that still want to watch it without spoilers, it turned into something completely different.
It was still great, but let me tell you, my face is red and blotchy right now and I cried almost for the whole of the show! It's about religion, spirituality and what's sacred in life and although I am not really that religious, that didn't matter. It moved me. Very much.
I guess now I can just expand my earlier statement about Glee to : It makes me laugh AND CRY.

Ok, sorry about this diversion from usual things, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I feel better now and I hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone. On to some cards...

These cards were made for two of my best crafty mates, Julie and Lesley, who came to play earlier this month and whose company makes me happy.
Julie had left a couple of things at mine when she left and I sent them
on to her and took the opportunity to slip in a card for her.

I used the "Studio Style" set by PTI, coloured with Copics and white and red cardstock. The twine ribbon is Pure Poppy by PTI. The little notelet was cut by hand and I made holes with the Crop-o-Dile before snipping them. Some light edging with Antique Linen distress ink and some glossy Accents on the button jar to finish.

Lesley let slip on the day she was here that it was her birthday the week after and because she likes frogs I made her this card:

The frog image was a freebie, but I can't find where from :-( Sorry! He is coloured with Copics and cut with a Spellbinders Label die.
The DP is from my scarp box, the scallops were cut with a PTI border die. The flowers are Primas and punched from a SU punch, buttons are PTI and pearl is from stash.
Sentiment by PTI and I inked the edges with Distress inks in Antique Linen.

Hope you like them!

9 comments:

tilly said...

two beautiful cards, I'm sure your friends will love you for being so thoughtful
Tilly x

Sarpreet said...

They are both beautiful cards and anyone would be happy to receive them

Grenouille Greetings said...

As the proud owner of the froggy card, I can say that it's a real beauty IRL and right up my strasse!
The card you made for Julie, would of course be suitable for all three of us (and probably 1724 other crafters out there!) and is equally gorgeous. It's delightful to see you showcasing your work, Alex. Do keep it up, girlie! Love, Lesley

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous cards Alex and I will also put ny hands up to being a fellow 'Gleek'. I bought series 1 box set for myself for Christmas (even tho I've seen them all) and I have all of the CD's - even tho I don't yet have a CD player that works! It's on series link to be recorded and I watch it and I watch the repeats! I'm also wanting to go to the tour, but will have to work that out as they're only playing in the O2.


I bet there's some reading this now who think I am sooo sad, but I don't care ;) I'M A GLEEK! lol!

Carol x

pickle said...

Another two beauts Alex both special in their own right but I love the frog one..really made me smile.

I must try and watch Glee at some point. I have heard many good things about it.

Kerry x

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

OMG, you are my twin on blog land. LOL, I am a Glee fans, too! And yep, there's time when I cried watching the show. And gorgeous cards, by the way! Hugs! xx

Dorcas said...

Oh this is precious!!! LOVE THE FROGGY!!

Julie said...

Thought I commented on my fabby card but clearly not!!! Love the card - awesome colouring and love the reds!! I am a Gleek too then, love it as does OH!!! Juliexx

Carole of Brum said...

Lovely cards, so cheery and bright and perfect to give to friends.

Never seen Glee, but strange how a light-hearted programme can suddenly get very intense and touch you like that. CoB