Tuesday 18 January 2011

A crafty day...

Hello bloggers!
I had a wonderful day on Saturday with my crafty friends Julie and Lesley and after a quick visit to the Glitterpot we played almost all day in my little room.
I was quite industrious and made 6 cards, can you believe it?! But admittedly, most of the images were already coloured in and waiting to be used!
Three of them use the newest images by Ruth from APassionForStamps and I hope I did them justice!





All images were coloured with Copics and I used Nesties for the mats, ribbon and flowers from stash. All sentiment stamps by PTI.
The next card is for a very dear crafty friend who just moved, hoping she doesn't see it before it arrives *hehe*

The image is from the very talented Mo Manning and coloured with Copics again. I used the very technical help of a saucer to make the card shape and twine from SU to give it a bit of a rustic feel. The scallops were done with punched circles.

This image from the wonderful Tammy at ADayForDaisies was coloured with Copics ages ago and I really wanted to use it, so this is my first christmas card for 2011! The strip of glitter s doe with DST, the scalloped edge is a PTI die and the Twine is from Anthropology. Sentiment is from a Paula Pascale set.


This image was done months ago and I didn't know what to do with it until Saturday... The background is done with Distress inks and I stamped a SU stamp on top. Sentiment is from a Personal impression stamp set. I added some tiny pearls to balance and just matted onto grey-blue card.

Lastly (I am sorry you have to endure these mega-posts after me not posting much for ages!!!) two cards I made with a challenge pack from my SU demo Joanne, who is an amazing card maker (go check out her stuff!).
One was done on Saturday, the other yesterday. Supplies almost all by SU.


Sorry about that slightly unfocused picture, I didn't realise at the time and then couldn't stand the thought of having to set up again...
Well, thanks for staying with me for so long and I hope you like what you saw! Night, night for now!

11 comments:

Sarpreet said...

wow! all stunning cards. Love them all. And why not for Christmas cards - I am still making them

Squirrel x said...

Hey babes! Glad you had a fabbie day, and wow, were you productive! I am so impressed, lol - all gorgeous work hun. Hugs Sxx

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Alex! I'm really glad you found my blog (thanks for your comment by the way) because now I have found yours. I shall pop in whenever you make a post now. Your cards are wonderful, what a variety of different types, but I have to say the Tammy card is my favourite of all of them, because I've always loved your colouring. hey, I got the copics eventually and now I love them. Hugs, CoB

Julie said...

Lovely cards Alex, I especially like the first two blue and white ones.

Candy said...

WOW I can't get over your wonderful cards!
The baby cards are stunning - simple is so beautiful :o)
Your card for your friend who is moving is beautifully coloured and designed.
I am in love with your first Christmas card os 2011! She is a doll and again beautifully coloured!
Your SU cards are wonderful.
So many to look at - it was a joy!
Hugs, Candy

peter said...

Hi Alex, Many thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment. I just thought I would return the complement. What a wonderful Blog you have. I love your cards, so much inspiration on both here and on DC.
Well done you have so much talent Hugs Peter XX

Ruth said...

Wow! You have been busy! These are all gorgeous!They are all so different,too..Ruth x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful cards,they are all so different, I love the baby ones, thank you for visiting my blog.
Kevin xx

Janie Printz said...

What wonderful cards. Those little beauties are all colored so perfectly & wish I could have a productive day like that.
Hugs, Janie

Julie said...

Hi Alex, these are all stunners, I'm so glad you found time to post them, we don't see enough of your awesom talent in blog world!! Loved our day together when you were oh so productive with these beautiful cards - think my faves are the baby cards!! Lots of love, Juliexx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hey there Alex! Well done you! A post at last! I saw most of these makes IRL and they are ALL ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I also love the two I hadn't previously seen. We had such a great time at your place and hope to catch up again in February! Hugs, Lesley