Tuesday 25 January 2011

And another one...


Hello, can you believe it, it's me again. Hehe, I've been a bad blogger for so long and now I can't seem to stop posting!
Well, let's see if I can keep this up!
I had a browse around and found some challenges I liked but didn't want to worry too much about fitting loads in one card. So I decided I'd pick one for my card that fitted with the image I wanted to use and the Colour Create Challenge no. 62 of pink, blue, grey and white sounded great.

Apologies for the picture quality, I had really bad light today...
I started with a square card base cut from grey cardstock
The image is called "Star flower girl" and is part of the timeless beauties series by Tammy from A Day for Daisies. I am a big fan of Tammy's work and it's such a pleasure to colour them. I coloured with Copics and embossed a Spellbinders Nestabilities long rectangle underneath to frame my sentiment. I used leftover paper from Basic Grey to mat the image, although you can't see much of it but the colour was just perfect.
To finish I punched some fern leaf shapes with a Woodware punch and used Prima and Papermania flowers and tiny poundshop roses to embellish the left hand upper corner. I am not quite sure if it needs anything else but decided I wouldn't try my luck too much. All those flowers are out of my comfort zone anyway but lately I seem to try out more new things for me *lol*
Hope you like my card and thanks for any comments you want to leave, I love hearing from you!

10 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Alex wow a stunning card!!! as usual!!!

Sasha said...

Beautiful card!!

Dorcas said...

Hi! I just discovered you from CDAC and I LOVE your work! This card is AWESOME! Love it, gorgeous coloring. Thanks for sharing. I have become a follower. :-)

Jacqui P said...

Beautiful card Alex!!! you're sure making up for lost time!!!
Hugs
Jacqui P

Julie said...

Wowsa, Alex - off the scale awesome is what this is!!! Absolutely adore it and your colouring is just sublime!!! Got my parcel of forgotten goodies today, thanks so much, and one of your fabbie cards included, my cup runneth over!! Oh, and thanks for joining in our challenge at Colour Create!! Juliexxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Out of this world colouring, Alex! And your image is perfectly set off by the darker background and the flower cluster. You seem to be trying new techniques with your designs and they work soooo well! Fabulous! Love Lesley

coops said...

wow, fantastic card alex!! the image is stunning and i am in awe of your amazing colouring :D

x coops xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! STUNNING card Alex. Your colouring on the image is just sensational.
Thank you so much for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge,
Sharon xx

Melissa S. said...

I love ,love, love this! You did such a beautiful job with the coloring and the layout and flowers are perfect.

Carole of Brum said...

Oh this is so beautiful, Alex, and so clever how you've embossed the rectangle so it looks as if your lady is sitting on it. Colouring on the dress is magnificent, and the flowers go perfectly I think, they look like the kind of corsage she could well be wearing with that dress. CoB