Wednesday 19 November 2008

Busy, busy, busy day!!!

Hello everyone! I have not had the chance to do much crafting lately but yesterday I had an amazingly fruitful day!! I made 11 christmas cards! Yes, that's right, 11!!! They were all quickies (obviously) but I am still quite pleased with most of them. 
I also included one I did the other day and that I hadn't had a chance to upload yet. Thought it wouldn't make much difference if I bombard you with 11 or 12 cards *lol* 

This first one is with a stamp by Rachel Ann Miller that I got in a swap, I think it's a really cheery image! Coulered with copics, matted onto coredinations cardstock with an edge punched with a Martha Stewart scallopped border punch. I punched a circle as well and heat embossed the sentiment (my own stamp design) with white embossing powder and adhered with brads. Backing paper is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding, ribbon from stash. The base card is inked around the edges a bit to tie in better.




This next one is with a german sentiment, as I need to make a few for my relatives and friends in germany as well... The image is from a swap again and coloured in copics with some diluted stardust sakura over the ice and then glossed afterwards. CB embossed pearlised card as a mat, layered onto some Papermania christmas paper with a bit of ribbon wrapped around. I lifted the image with foam pads.



This Tilda card is with one of the new Tilda stamps from the winter club. She is coloured with Distress inks, cut out and layered onto CB embossed pearlised blue paper and Papermania Christmas paper. I added a border (Martha Stewart zig zag punch) on the top, matted the sentiment (foiled, from a fellow do crafter, the lovely Christina!) onto the embossed blue paper, too and added a sheer ribbon bow. Not one of my favourite cards...



The next one is one of the quickest and simplest, but also one of my favourites. I like simple cards... (so why don't I do them more often????)
The main focus is a CB embossed panel of coredinations cardstock that I sanded down a bit for the embossing to show better. I stamped the sentiment (my own stamp again) onto cream cardstock, matted onto coredinations again and then onto some printed vellum. I mounted it on top of a simple tied ribbon from my stash.



The next 3 cards are made with a stamp I only got yesterday morning, it is from autumn leaves and I stamped it in different colours and played around with some coredinations cardstock and Papermania christmas papers.  All the other bits are pretty self-explanatory, but if you see  something that you would like to know what it is or what I did, just ask!




Another of my new Magnolia winter stamp club images: I coloured it with Distress ikns, cut it out (fiddly!) and layered onto a bit of 'ice' made from pearlised, CB embossed paper on top of Papermania christmas paper. Added foild setiment (edges inked with chalk ink) a glittered felt snowflake and .. presto!



I think the one with "Lizzie with choc box" would have needed a bolder sentiment, the one I used is somehow lost on the card, but for a quickie not too bad, I guess...
Lizzie was from a swap, coloured with copics, edges inked and layered with Basic Grey Wassail papers (one bit punched with doily punch and inked). Added ribbon from stash, a snowflake brad, sentiment is from PTI .






The image in this one is from a swap again. Coloured with copics and snow writer added to the snowflakes. Matted and layered with coredinations card and Wassail papers, sentiment my own stamp and a glittered felt snowflake added.


This one is a stamp called "Lizzie with muff" from Whiff of Joy and I got it from a swap. she is coloured with copics and layered onto papers I got in a swap as well. Added 3 snowflakes and a WoJ sentiment.




I also got this lovely image (High Hopes I think) in a swap and coloured it with copics and added white glitter for the beard and trim. Layered onto Wassail papers from Basic /grey again, ribbon from stash and own sentiment stamp again. Quick and simple. One of my favs.





I would love to hear which ones you think is the best/your favourite!


I had also done this weeks Magnolia challenge over at the do crafts forum, which was a holiday theme and to use 2 colours, two embellishments and something you don't usually use in papercrafts.
I chose relaxing Tilda, as I really like her and she seemed to be the right choice for the theme. My colours are pink and green, two buttons for embellishments and the unusual item is a paper cake doily. Coloured her with copics and added some stickles to the flowers and her hairbands. Cut her out with oval plain nestie and inked the edges with pink chalk ink. The papers I was given by someone so I don't know the make, sorry... I used my new Martha Stewart doily punch and some coredinations cardstock and the sentiment is my own stamp.





Thanks for stopping by and come and visit again!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Alex, Wow you have been busy! I think all your cards are fantastic but if I had to choose I think it would be Lizzie with Muff or perhaps the one made with your new Magnolia stamps. x

Shell said...

hiya alex, i thought i did well this morning when i made 4 cards(i was on a roll) but 11 in one go wow. I think they are all brill but my fav is lizzie with muff, she is so cute,
shell x

Kirsten Alicia said...

These are just 'quickies'??!! I think it would have taken me all day to make one!! :) They are ALL gorgeous Alex, but if I have to choose favourites, the WOJ cards are outstanding. Kirsten x.

Tara said...

Hi Alex,
Flippin' eck Alex, how busy have you been!!! If I had to chose a favourite it would be Tilda and Edwin skating, it's adorable and I love the way you've coloured them with Distress Inks. I do love them all though, thanks for sharing! xx

Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous Alex - each and everyone of them. I couldn't choose a favourite.
I don't think i could manage 11 in a week (I'm very slow) let alone in a day.
Well done you.
hugs Heather xx

Julie said...

Wow Alex! Don't make me decide my favourite - I can't do it, I won't do! All absolutely stunning. A couple of things you might want to look at on my blog, including some of your own handy work!!

katy said...

Wow Alex you've been so busy !!Love them all !!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my H/M card:) xx