Thursday 29 April 2010

Baby season is truly upon us!

Hello bloggers!
I can't believe how many baby cards I had to make in the last few weeks! It has been totally crazy. I didn't have time to snap pics of all of them, but here are a few. Hope you like them!




This one is for my yet to be born niece! Her due date has passed and we are all waiting with baited breath. As we were there a few days before the due date I had it all ready to give then but so far it's still here with me...
I used the gorgeous future rock star image from Mos digital pencil and coloured it with Copics. I also used the sketch on Mos DT challenge blog but haven't had a chance to upload in time for the challenge end... oh, well, I'll try next time again.
Papers are Basic Grey, star punches are Fiskars and SU, Ribbon Anita's and sentiment is hand written.



This one is winging it's way to South Afrika at the moment, a friend of my hubs has given birth to a little girl. Image is again a Mo and coloured with Copics. I cut it with a circle Nestie, leving the foot/dummy and the guitar handle sticking out.
The little banner with the computer generated sentiment is cut by hand and all is layered, in parts on dimensionals onto cuttlebug embossed cardstock. The lovely twill ribbon is PTI and I love it!
It's a fairly simple card but I like it!



This one was for friends of ours who just had their second daughter. I didn't have a name yet then, so it is a bit generic... I love the image which is from adayfordaisies, I found it on etsy.com and purchased a couple of others as well. Watch out for them if you like the look of this!
For a change I coloured with Copics AND Prisma pencils and also added some spica glitter pens in the mix but they are hard to see on the pictures. Papers are Basic Grey again, so are the Rub-ons (baby), Ribbon is from stash but not sure what make... I used some Coredinations cardstock as well as a PTI alphabet set to stamp the sentiment.


This one I just LUUUURVE! It was fairly easy to put together, pink cardstock base, embossed with Scor pal and Scor bug to get the little dotted frame, layered dark pink cardstock and again Basic Grey paper (isn't their paper just perfect for baby girl cards???). Sentimemt stamped with PTI sets "Simple alphabet" and "Bitty Baby Blessings". Rub-on in the upper right corner is by Basic Grey.
Well, and that butterfly? Isn't it pretty? I can't get enough of it! It's quite heavy due to the chunky glitter on it but it still looks so delicate. It is inspired by one of those dies that I can never remember the name of, was it Marianne or Nellie Snellen??? No idea, but I guess you probably know what I mean anyway. I cut it on my Cricut though and it was actually a trial to test how well it would cut intricate bits. And I think it worked well. But when I covered it in glossy accents and tipped the chunky glitter on it it just became something else. Sorry, about the gushing, but it was very hard for me to let this one go. *lol*


Last but not least, a boy card! The only boy to be born lately *lol*
The cute onsie template was downloaded from the very talented Cathy on Mos Digital Pencil PCP site. I just placed a Mo image and sentiment on it on the computer, printed and cut it out. Coloured the image with pencils and added chalk ink to the edges, added a little bow to the top and stamped an coloured the circles for pop buttons.

Hope you like what I had to show you today and see you soon again!

10 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Alex
Your cards are all gorgeous,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Judi said...

WOW, you sure have been busy Alex. I'm in the middle of making baby cards myself, for more girls!! Looks like we're gonna be outrunning those boys in years to come, lol.

Love ALL of the cards you've made, and that baby with the guitar is SO cute, I LOVE IT!! Also LOVE the shaped baby boy card - it's FAB!

Lots of love

Judi xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

These cards are stunning. It was a pleasure to look at them.
Clare x

Julie said...

I love everything I've seen today, it's all fab, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite!

jan.angell1 said...

Oh you turn out such professional looking cards - and they all have your unique style imprint. Fantastik!!

Inkerbelle said...

Your baby cards are delightful, Alexandra. Love your gorgeous colouring!

Julie said...

Hiya matey!! Wow, there's a real baby boom going on in your world - are you sure they're not having babies just to get one of your fabulous cards!!! Love, love, love them all!!! Juliex

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh - FANTASTIC cards, and PERFECTLY colored. Amazing stuff here! So glad I popped in!

Ruth said...

These are beautiful! What a lot of detail, Ruth x

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous set of cards Alex,specially the rock baby one!!!!