Monday 13 June 2011

Workshop cards

Hello bloggers,

many thanks for your kind comments on my accident(s)! I am due to go to the doctors today to have a check-up on my head. Hope all is ok.
And my evening out with hubby was wonderful. We ate at a really nice restaurant that's not too far away called "The ginger fox". Their food is outstanding. We shared two starters of Tempura cuttlefish with cucumber and a soy/chili/coriander dressing and beefsteak carpaccio with marinated beetroot and horseradish sauce. I think I could just work my way through their starters and would always be happy. Mains were duck breast on crushed new potatoes, peas, samphire and black pudding for hubby and rib eye steak with garlic and paprika butter served with dripping chips and chargrilled strips of courgette. Yum! Hubby finished with a cheeseboard but I refrained from a pudding as I was feeling quite satisfied with what I had. A lovely chilean Pinot Noir washed everything down nicely.

Enough of this mouthwatering description, on to some cards.
One of my first workshops in the Glitterpot was an all-day Copic Introduction for Beginners. I chose to work on some Hero Arts flowers from a cling stamp set and a Penny Black wooden stamp. It gives people more options colour-wise, is quicker than more complex images and results can easily be made into quick cards.
Saying that, only one person in the class actually made a card during the workshop, everyone else was perfectly content on just colouring all day. I really enjoyed this class and hope my attendees had fun, too.
Here are the samples I had made up, showcasing how o create matching backgrounds as well as the colouring with Copics. The first one is clear embossed, the next two were stamped and outlined with markers. On the last card I used some masking to create a focal frame.








I'd love to know what you think!

P.S. Sorry for the picture quality recently, I took the pics next to a window for some daylight and got rather more of it than I bargained for *lol* Hope you can still see everything well enough!

12 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hello, Ah! Thank you, you answered my question and now I'm really hungry:0) Gorgeous cards Alex, fabulous colouring too, clever you, hugs Gay xxx

tilly said...

pleased you enjoyed your meal out.
all your cards are fab and I am sure everyone went away with lots of ideas and colouring knowledge from you lol, having seen you in action, wish I lived nearer
Tilly

Sarpreet said...

I love them all - unique in design and quality. Love the layouts your backgrounds. You are a talented crafter, well done

Grenouille Greetings said...

Sounds like a fabulous meal, Alex. So sorry about your head though! Hope it's feeling much better!
What perfect images you chose to use for your GP tutorials. And what perfect cards you made to showcase your colouring.
They are all beautiful naturally. Love the sunshiney yellow (especially your ribbon treatment), orange and red. And the green, peach and turquoise ones too! Well done you! Big hugs, Lesley

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow lovely cards and lovely to see the sunshine shining through ... happy crafting ... love sandy xx

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Alex, I've been having a catch up of your latest cards. Wow, your floral cards are beautiful, and your doing demos at the Glitterpot now! Gosh, that must be a fab job. Lovely to see your Tildas too, your colouring on these is a delight. Sorry about the bump on your head, I can imagine how you feel not being able to brush and wash your hair properly, hope its all better soon. CoB

Mona_63 said...

Karty są bardzo ładne. Życzę powrotu do zdrowia :)

jan.angell1 said...

Hopefully the super yummy meal took your mind off your head! great cards, some techniques in there to provide inspiration

Kay Carley said...

Hi Alex!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It was lovely to meet you on Sunday and maybe we'll meet again - perhaps at The Glitter Pot! Love Kay xx

Treacle said...

Hi Alex

It was lovely to meet you too on Sunday. I really enjoyed it everyone was so nice.

Ooo so the pressure is on to post something more recent than february lol.

Tracy
xXx

Moni said...

Hi Alex, fab cards, love them all. Hugs,moni

Grenouille Greetings said...

Knock, knock! Hey Alex - are you still there? Love Lesley