I did mean it, when I said I'll be here more often now! *lol* It might not be every day but as often as I can.
As I said on my last post, I still have some cards left to share that I did recently and today it's some more Glitterpot class cards.
This first card uses the Large Flower Background stamp from Hero Arts, which I absolutely love. I coloured it with Copics ( YG61, BG01, BG000, R81, R83, Blender 0) and cut out the middle part with Labels Four from Spellbinders. For the mat layer I cut scalloped borders from pink Bazzil card, put my image panel on top and put the label die in the aperture again. Then I traced the inside of the die onto the pink card and cut that out by hand to get that small border all around.
The large flower to the right was trimmed out from a second print of the stamp, again coloured with Copics (R81, R83, R85, YG61, YG63, YG67, Blender 0) and adhered with silicon glue for a bit of depth. Sentiment is from a Personal Impressions set called Big Sentiments, designed by Paula Pascual and stamped in Versafine Smokey Gray.
Here is a detail view where you can see the dimension of the flower a bit better:
The cut-outs from the above card seemed a shame to throw away, so I added a bit of doodling, ribbon and a sentiment (Hero Arts - Say it all) and made this:
As I said, I love this stamp so couldn't quite leave it alone. For the next card I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with distress inks. Colours used are: Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Forrest Moss and Broken China. I matted onto sunshine yellow card and added a turquoise butterfly and banner with heat embossed white sentiment (PI - Big Sentiments).
I played around with watercolour paper and Distress Inks with this stamp some more but not made them into cards yet, this one is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white before colouring.
And this one is heat embossed as the above, then sprayed with water and coloured with my fingers dipped into ink. This gives a very soft look.
For the next cards I used a Hero Arts set called "Greetings" and stamped the butterfly collage in Vintage Sepia and again in Onyx Black, trimming the butterfly out of the black after colouring it in pencil.
I distressed the brown with DI in Gathered Twigs and did the same to the Echo Park paper. The image was matted onto turquoise card and set at an angle over dark brown card, sandwiching some white twill ribbon I coloured with Copics to match the butterfly.
Here you can see the butterfly is glued only at the body part and the wings are lifting off the card.
For my last card for now I used the typewriter collage stamp from the set in a similar way, stamping in mauve and grey before cutting and reassembling with a bit of silicon glue. Some pink card and more Echo Park paper and ribbon to finish.
That's it for today, hope you like my projects and thanks for stopping by. If you leave me a comment I'll try my best to return the favour and visit your blog as well!