Tuesday 8 February 2011

Thank god for brains!

Hello bloggers,


I finally managed to get five minutes to think about why my computer wouldn't get the pics of my camera and it dawned on me to try a different cable, as I couldn't think of anything else that could be faulty/checked everything else. So, hubby gave me - grudgingly- the cable from his external hard drive and voila! It was the cable! Thank god, that's easily and cheaply put right!
So, without much further ado, here are the baby shower gifts, the card and the nappy cake I cooked up last minute (do I ever do anything NOT last minute?). Again, sorry for the bad pics, it isn't that easy for me to take pics in bad light... (Excuses, excuses I hear you say!)


First off, the nappy cake. I did remember to take pics before wrapping it in cellophane, but it looks much better in real life than on the pictures - you just need to believe that ;-)




The roses are rolled socks and I put some baby wash, bath & lotion on the top tier.


Next, I made favour bags for all the guests and they looked like that:



They were made from envelopes I had lying around... Inside I put some chocolates and a couple of handmade gifts. One was a little mini album with cute windows/flaps/tabs and the other a phone charm made with shrink plastic.



It's hard to see but it's a tiny tea pot made with a PTI die and stamp.


And lastly I made a card for the hostess with a wonderful image by Mo Manning, sorry for the image quality (or lack of... I really should learn how to take better pictures!). She was coloured with Copics and the text was stamped with a PTI alphabet set and coloured as well.



Thanks for popping by and hope to see you here soon again!

5 comments:

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card and nappy cake, they are fab.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely, Alex!!!
Your card is beautiful. Simple style and stunning colourwork. Your envelope bags are intriguing and I love the contents too. As for the cake - it's a masterpiece. NOW you need to do the tutorials to go with the bags, books and cake...please! Love Lesley

Dorcas said...

Your hostess card is totally awesome! Your coloring is so perfect for this MO image. Wow! Wonderful. :-)

tilly said...

a lovely cake and gifts, don't know where you find the time!
Tilly x

Kathleen said...

these are all beautiful alex. bet they all went/go down a treat!!!
kathleen mc xx