Friday 1 October 2010

Bit of old stuff...

Hello bloggers,

here's me trtying to be a better blogger and post something more often!
Today I thought I'd share my Copic storage caddy that I made myself from foam board. It's not superneat but it works very well for me.
Here is a side view, where you can see that I angled the whole thing a bit so all the colours are easily visible.


I am quite proud of this solution as I really wanted one of those cute cubicle things that you sometimes see in american crafters homes. But they were too expensive when you count in p&p and this cost me about £4 and took about an hour to do.

On to something I did in August for my new niece Helena. She is such a sweet baby and I wanted to make her something special, so I tried my hands at sewing a quilt... a small one as my sewing isn't that great.




As you can see, it's not perfect, but it's cute enough and I was happy with the outcome! The back is in the same stripy material as the surround btw.

10 comments:

Noreen said...

Fab storage for your Copics, what a gret storage solution. I love your niece's quilt too. xx

Marlene said...

Fantastic storage idea!

Love the blanket, too. You're pretty craftastic!

Anonymous said...

Love your storage for your Copics! The quilt is beautiful - love the pinks x

Janette said...

Brilliant idea Alex, watch out that some company don't pinch it from you...lol....love the quilt you made, very pretty.xx

jan.angell1 said...

Is there no end to your talents??!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Clever, clever girl! I can't sew for toffee and this is really good! And you bake too! Love Lesley

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Alex love the storage for your copics and the quilt is lovely!!

Julie said...

Think your storage idea looks fab. Only recently I saw a blog where someone had made a stamp pad holder out of foam board. Looks a bit challenging to me though.

Imke said...

Your Quilt looks so pretty. I like the pink colors. I´m actually also a quilt and it makes a lot of fun !!

Your Copic storage is great !

Lindsay Weirich said...

that storage rocks! I think I need to make that to go with my ribbon shelf, gotta love foamcore! The quilt is gorgeous too!