Saturday 20 February 2010

Copics Colour challenge/ Floral challenge on DC and my first DT spot!

Hello lovely bloggers!
I haven't got much time as I have a Stampin up party in my house this afternoon and need to tidy a bit. But can't wait to tell you that the lovely Ruth from A passion for stamps asked little old me to join her Design Team! I was so chuffed! And of course I said yes. And here is my first card with one of her lovely images. I used to for a floral challenge on DoCrafts which asked for floral image - check, some kind of stitching - check and an optional handmade flower - check! I made the flower with punched flowers from Basic Grey Porcelain papers which I also used for the backing paper. The lace is from my late grandmother and a soft pink which isn't too visible on the picture.
I also combined it with challenge 52 on the Copic Colour Challenge blog which asked for G21 (Lime Green), R11 (Pale Cherry Pink) and C3 (Cool Grey) to colour the image. I have all of those and used some similar ones as well to add depth. Some dew drops in the corner to embellish and leaves and alphabet stickers from the BG Porcelain pack as well.

Hope you like it, I do! And watch out for a few more cards with Ruth's images...




8 comments:

Ruth said...

This is stunning! A wonderful start to your DT spot! Thanks so much for your efforts! Ruth x

Naomi Johnson said...

wonderful card and congratulations on your DT spot!

TARJA L said...

This is absolutely beautiful card!!
Congratulations!!

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful card. I love this image, you have coloured it so well. Elaine

Julie said...

Fabulous, Alex - I love the flowers!! And a gorgeous layout!! Hope the party went well!! Juliex

Christine said...

Hi Alex wow this is stunning brill colouring love these roses..fab DT card,

Hugs Christine xx

Chrissie said...

Wonderful colouring and a beautiful card!
Chrissie

Shelley said...

Great card! Love all the detail, the lace and the pearls really finish it off. hugs Shelley.

Please take a look at my blog - thanks.

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/